once you are done with the nests, any filling is acceptable
For kunafa dough
- 250 grams vermicelli
- 200 grams butter
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp orange blossom
- 500 grams of softened cheese
- 1 tin condense milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup of fresh cream
Fold in everything to make the filling.
- Take two an half cup vermicelli in bowl.
- Break them with your finger into smaller pieces.
- Pour melted butter.
- Mix them well with spoon.
- lightly spray muffin tray with oil
- evenly divide kunafa dough and press in to the bottom to form a neat circle
- bake in preheated oven at 180 * c for 15-20 min till golden brown
- when its hot , take it out and drizzle hot sugar syprup over it
- divide cheese mixture into pastry cups
- granish it with crushed pistachios
- keep it in the fridge and allow it to set
Make sure you follow dolciandfeta on Instagram for more delicious recipes.